Thursday, December 15, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #26

Rose #26 is the second rose from the left in the last row.

I started, as I always do, by tracing the general outline in pencil.





Then I filled in the dewdrops with a light colored pencil, and filled in the petals lightly with a light tan pencil.





I layered in brown and orange-yellow next.





I used a light salmon and a light pink colored pencil for the next step, using one pencil for some petals and the other color for the other petals - more or less randomly. The colors are pretty similar on the black paper (it was hard to tell in person which was which), though they look a little more obvious in this photograph.





I then blended a darker red-violet and magenta into the shadows, and used a cream colored pencil to add highlights to the edges of the petals. I also added details to the dewdrops by adding magenta shadows around the dots, and blending the drops somewhat into the cream-colored petal highlights.






Here is the entire colored pencil drawing so far. I have only four roses left (plus some background greenery) - so I'm almost done!



No comments:

Post a Comment