Wednesday, December 14, 2016

#30 Days - Rose #25

Time to start the fifth and final row of my "30 Days" colored pencil drawing!

This is rose #25 - the first rose (the rose on the far left) of this last row. I started with a blue colored pencil.





Then I filled in some of the shadows with a yellow-orange pencil, and blended these two colors together a bit by adding brown to the edges of the petals.







The next layers of the rose were magenta, another layer of blue, and peach.






To finish it off, I lightened the rose with a cream colored pencil, and added some more contrast by darkening/deepening the shadows with a dark purple and blue.







When the rose was finished, I worked on the background - of this rose (rose #25) an also of the rose immediately above it (rose #19), using a similar color scheme to blend the two backgrounds together.







Now onto rose #26!

No comments:

Post a Comment