Tuesday, December 27, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #29

Here is the penultimate rose - rose #29.

Since there were only two roses left, I drew both of them in outline form.





Then I started filling in rose #29. I used a yellowish-tan for most of the petals, and a light colored pencil to mark where the dewdrops were going to be. I also started to put in a bit of the leaves in the background - earlier than I usually did when I worked on the other roses. It doesn't matter as much for this one, but for rose #30 the background is a more important part of the story of that rose (it will have some visible thorns), and since I planned to draw out where those vines/thorns would go for the next rose, I also started adding in the leaves for this rose.




As with all the other roses, I built up layers of color. For this rose, I used a lot of peaches/browns/creams, keeping it rather neutral. Then I added just a little bit of red or red/brown (or, in just a few spots, dark blue) into the darkest parts of the petals.







Here is the whole drawing so far - from the top row with its darker red roses, to the middle three with various shades of pinks, neutrals, and purples, and now, finally, the last row!




Only one more rose to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment