Saturday, December 3, 2016

"30 Days" - Rose #21

"30 Days" is my 22x30" colored pencil drawing in progress. When it is complete, it will have thirty roses, each one representing a day.

Rose #21 is the third from the left in the second row from the bottom. First I drew the outline for the rose (and its neighbor, rose #22).




Then I colored the rose in with a reddish-brown colored pencil, and erased the graphite pencil lines.





I went over the highlights with a yellow-orange pencil, and then a light tan pencil.






I went through the shadows with a darker purple.





And I blended these shades together with a medium pink pencil.





I added a bit of medium peach color over the pink to make it look a bit more orangey.






This is what the rose looked like when I was "finished" and moved onto rose #22. However, I did later go back and added in a little blue, while I was using the blue pencil on rose #22. I didn't add a lot, because I wanted it to retain it's general pink/orange hue, but I also didn't want it stand out quite so much. Because it's nuzzled between two blue/purple flowers, it needed just a little blue to tie it together to its neighboring roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment