Sunday, February 14, 2016

AquaTox Logo

I've been spending most of my time lately working on writing and editing my novel(s) and planning and creating drawings, paintings, and digital patterns (such as the coloring pages I've featured the last several days) - but I also sometimes do commercial graphic design, as well.

In the past, I've designed stationery sets for weddings and other events (holiday greeting cards, bar/bat mitzvahs, etc). I also design the occasional logo and work on branding campaigns. Over the last few months, I've been working on two such projects - one for AquaTox, a company in South Carolina that tests and treat water and other environments, and another for Rochester Adaptive Adventures, an organization in Rochester, New York that promotes access to adaptive sports and inclusive recreational opportunities.

I'm still working on finishing up the logo for RAA (and so will show that off in a different post), but the AquaTox logo is now complete!

They already had a logo they wanted me to work from - I was only updating and modifying the logo they were using to make it more modern, more clean, and easier to read.

Here is the two-color version, in blue and teal:





With logos, it's often good to have a one-color version to work with as well. This is the one-color version (in blue), which could also be printed in black if it needed to be printed on something that was in black and white only:






I wish I could take credit for the dolphin - it's so fun and cute! - but that was part of the original logo that I just retraced to make the lines cleaner. Most of the work I did was with the letters - making sure the proportions of each letter and its three-dimensional depth worked together, and playing with the space between the letters (the "kerning") to make it more readable.

If you are interested in having me work on a logo for you or your company (or are looking for stationery design, which I also love to do!), you can contact me at: afrownfe[at-sign]gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment