Sunday, February 28, 2016

More Roses with a Hint of Yellow & Orange

As I teased yesterday, I have a second 5"x7" colored pencil drawing of roses using the same limited four-color palette of white, dark brown, yellow, and orange. This one is aptly titled "More Roses with a Hint of Yellow & Orange" and is available for purchase through my Etsy store.

Here is the final piece:








I took step-by-step photos to document the progress of this work, following the same order as the previous drawing. First, I added the highlights with white Prismacolor colored pencil. I used Strathmore tan toned paper as my surface.




Once the highlights were in place, I added shadows with a dark brown Prismacolor colored pencil.






Finally, I added those subtle hints of yellow and orange. It was September when I completed these pictures, and I was looking forward to fall - so yellow and orange and brown was a color scheme that was on my mind at the time!




I think these two drawings would look great paired together on a wall! Each comes with a 8"x10" white Crescent mat suitable for framing (as all of my 5"x7" colored pencil drawings do). Both are available for purchase through my Etsy store.





No comments:

Post a Comment