Thursday, February 18, 2016

French Castles

I also got the chance to see a few of the many beautiful castles France has to offer. In 2005, we took a day excursion from Paris to tour the castles of Chenonceau and Amboise. And in 2010, my husband and I took a tour of the Palace of Versailles while we were staying in Paris for a few days.

(As noted earlier, the camera I had in 2005 wasn't great quality - but then, digital technology has advanced just a bit in the last eleven years!)

Here are some of my favorite photos from those tours:


Our tour ticket did not include admission to the Versailles Gardens (though we were told that it would; I was pissed). But I did manage to snag a couple shots of the gardens from the gate.

Another shot of the Versailles Gardens

Chateau Amboise, the supposed inspiration for the story of Sleeping Beauty

Chateau Chenonceau, my favorite castle. It's not very big (for a castle), but it's built *as a bridge* over a river, which is pretty freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment