Sunday, February 7, 2016

Pattern Coloring Pack #2

I started showing off details of my new printable coloring pages in yesterday's post, and today I'm bringing out Pattern Coloring Pack #2, which has six more unique designs.

Each six-pack is for sale on Etsy for $1.99. As soon as you buy them, you will be able to download the PDF (1 PDF with 6 pages), store them on your computer, and print as many copies as you want. I also have a mega pack available which has all 44 of my coloring page designs together in one set - the 42 designs found in each of the 7 mini-packs, as well as 2 bonus designs not found in any of the other packs.

Here are the six designs in "Pattern Coloring Pack #2" (available for purchase here).






The patterns used in this set are Heather, Melody, Vista, Fortuna, Villette, and Eleanor. I grouped these six together because they have a similar linear symmetry and are not too complex in detail (though, as with all of my groups, there is a variety of complexity between the different pages). They also all have enclosed shapes, with very few "dangling lines."

(Some of the other packs have lines that loop off without necessarily closing into shapes, which perhaps make them more "advanced" - for colorers who want more freedom to experiment, color outside the lines, or extend the lines themselves.)

I would classify this is as a "beginner" or "medium" level. The patterns are pretty straightforward, and many of the lines are nice and thick - though there are some designs with thinner lines and more detail, particularly in Melody, Vista, & Fortuna.

Here are detail photos of the first two patterns - Heather and Melody:







The next two patterns are Vista and Fortuna:






And the last two in this set of six are Villette and Eleanor:







I also made a "digital example" of how the Pattern Villette page could be colored:





Though I haven't used these patterns in my own artwork (yet) as much as I did those first six designs in Pattern Coloring Pack #1 (see yesterday's post), I have used some of them in my paintings. Here's a look:


Pattern Fortuna in Yellow-Orange (5"x7" watercolor on paper)

Pattern Eleanor in Yellow-Green (4"x6" watercolor on paper)

(My 4"x6" and 5"x7" watercolor paintings are currently for sale at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in downtown Rochester, Michigan. Any that do not sell there will be back available on Etsy when I get them back.)

I love using my patterns in watercolor paintings - and now I'm sharing those digital designs with you, so you can experiment with them as a coloring page!

No comments:

Post a Comment