Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pattern Coloring Pack #6

Today's post is all about Pattern Coloring Pack #6, which has six more unique coloring page designs.

Each six-pack is for sale on Etsy for $1.99. As soon as you buy them, you will be able to download the PDF (1 PDF with 6 pages), store them on your computer, and print as many copies as you want. I also have a mega pack available which has all 44 of my coloring page designs together in one set - the 42 designs found in each of the 7 mini-packs, as well as 2 bonus designs not found in any of the other packs.

Here are the six designs in "Pattern Coloring Pack #6" (available for purchase here).







The patterns used in this set are Julia, Nicole, Melissa, Alicia, Tamika, and Velvet. I grouped these six together because I altered the patterns into "outlines," so that they can be colored inside the pattern as well as in the space between the lines.

Keep in mind that the pattern itself does not have lines inside of it to break it up into smaller shapes, so feel free to try out some more "advanced" techniques in those larger white spaces. Experiment by blending or bleeding multiple colors together or using an "ombre" style within the pattern - or invent your own technique altogether. These designs are intended as a jumping-off point to let your creativity fly.

Because of this characteristic - as well as the sometimes small details and skinny lines, I would classify this as an "expert" level.

Here are detail photos of the first two patterns - Julia and Nicole:







The next two patterns are Melissa and Alicia:






And the last two in this set of six are Tamika and Velvet:







I also made a "digital example" of how the Pattern Melissa page could be colored:




I have used a few of these patterns in my artwork. Here some of the paintings I've made:


Pattern Velvet in Bright Green (5"x7" watercolor on paper)

Pattern Tamika in Yellow-Green (4"x6" watercolor on paper)

(My 4"x6" and 5"x7" watercolor paintings are currently for sale at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in downtown Rochester, Michigan. Any that do not sell there will be back available on Etsy when I get them back.)

I love using my patterns in watercolor paintings - and now I'm sharing those digital designs with you, so you can experiment with them as a coloring page!

No comments:

Post a Comment