Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Paris, France

As I mentioned yesterday, I've had the pleasure of visiting Paris twice - once in 2005, at the tail end of a school-sponsored trip to France, and again in 2010, at the tail end of the Mediterranean cruise I took with my husband's family. Here are some of my favorite photos from those two excursions to the beautiful city of lights.


The mechanics of the Eiffel Tower elevators

Eiffel Tower at night, 2010
(When I visited in 2005 they were putting in a bid for the Olympics, so they had a big sign attached to the side)

View from the Eiffel Tower, looking down on Paris

Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg

The back of the Notre Dame cathedral

Underneath the Arc de Triomphe in 2005. (It was the day before Bastille Day, and they were hanging a giant French flag in preparation for the big holiday)

View from the top of the Arc de Triomphe in 2005, looking out at Paris

Sacre Coeur

Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg

Jardin du Luxembourg



As always, I hope to use these photos as source material for future artwork, and I have plans for several small watercolors based on all my travels in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment