Friday, February 12, 2016

Pattern Coloring Pack #7

We finally made it to the last "mini-pack" of my Pattern Coloring Book Series on Etsy. Today's post is all about Pattern Coloring Pack #7, which has six more unique coloring page designs.

Each six-pack is for sale on Etsy for $1.99. As soon as you buy them, you will be able to download the PDF (1 PDF with 6 pages), store them on your computer, and print as many copies as you want. I also have a mega pack available which has all 44 of my coloring page designs together in one set - the 42 designs found in each of the 7 mini-packs, as well as 2 bonus designs not found in any of the other packs.

Here are the six designs in "Pattern Coloring Pack #7" (available for purchase here).






The patterns used in this set are Jayda, Crinoline, Organza, Zehra, Leander, and Juliet. I grouped these six together because they all have some amount of "dangling lines" - lines that jut out or loop without necessarily closing into shapes, making them great for more "advanced" colorers. Experiment by coloring outside the lines, extending the lines yourself (or not!), using multiple colors blended together or an "ombre" style within a larger white space, or invent your own technique. These designs are intended as a jumping-off point to let your creativity fly. As with all my groups, there is a variety of complexity among the different pages.

I would classify this is as "expert" level - because of these "dangling lines" and the complexity of small detail on some of the pages.

Here are detail photos of the first two patterns - Jayda and Crinoline:





The next two patterns are Organza and Zehra:






And the last two in this set of six are Leander and Juliet:






I also made a "digital example" of how the Pattern Juliet page could be colored:




I've used some of these patterns in my watercolor paintings. Here's a look:


Pattern Organza in Blue-Violet (4"x6" watercolor on paper)

Pattern Juliet in Blue, Green & Yellow (5"x7" watercolor on paper)


(Pattern Juliet has already sold. My other 4"x6" and 5"x7" watercolor paintings are currently for sale at the Paint Creek Center for the Arts in downtown Rochester, Michigan. Any that do not sell there will be back available on Etsy when I get them back.)

I love using my patterns in watercolor paintings - and now I'm sharing those digital designs with you, so you can experiment with them as a coloring page!

No comments:

Post a Comment