Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Barcelona Roses

Yesterday I showed you a 5"x7" colored pencil drawing called "Barcelona Blooms." Today I'm featuring "Barcelona Roses," which - despite the similarity in name - is not the same piece of artwork.

"Barcelona Roses" is available for purchase through my Etsy shop.







I also took several photos of this project while it was "in progress." You can see the source photograph I used below, which was, like "Barcelona Blooms," taken by me in the Parc de Ciutadella in the summer of 2010.

Step 1: Drawing an outline -



Step 2: Light peach colored pencil -


Step 3: Pink colored pencil -


Step 4: Yellow colored pencil -


Step 5: Orange colored pencil -


Step 6: Green colored pencil -


Step 7: Darker green colored pencil -


Step 8: That light peach colored pencil from step two used again to lighten the roses -


Step 9: Blending it all together, adding some medium pink, and revisiting the red-orange colored pencil -




Like all of my 5"x7" colored pencil drawings, this comes with a 8"x10" white Crescent mat and mat backing suitable for framing.

"Barcelona Roses" is available for purchase through my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment