Monday, November 23, 2015

Finished 8"x10" Leaf Paintings

So now that you've seen me go through the process of how I made these leaf paintings, you can really appreciate the final product. Right? :)

I ironed the paintings so that the edges were flat, and then I flattened them under a stack of heavy books for several days. Then, I matted them and photographed them to upload to Etsy. Each of these 8"x10" paintings comes with a white Crescent brand 11"x14" mat suitable for framing.

Here is "Autumn Leaves I" (available for sale here):






And some close-ups -









On the back of the painting, I listed the watercolor pigments and colored pencils used, and signed/dated it. I left the front unsigned so that it can be hung horizontally or vertically, in any direction.




Here is "Autumn Leaves II" (available for sale here):






And the close-up photos -







And the list of watercolors and colored pencils used on the back (same as for the other painting) -




They're listed on Etsy separately, but I think they'd also look great together as a set. Here they are together -






I'll show off the 4"x6" set of leaf paintings (after ironing, flattening, and matting) in a post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment