Sunday, November 8, 2015

Custom Flower Watercolors

It's that time of year to start thinking about holiday gifts - especially if you want to commission artwork!

The two examples here are of floral wedding bouquets. They were commissioned by a woman whose two daughters had recently married. She wanted a painting of each of their bouquets to give them as gifts. They make great keepsakes!

She sent me a photograph of each bouquet, which I worked from to produce the 8"x10" watercolor paintings.






The second one was harder to work from, since she had no close-up photo of just the bouquet, and I had to work from the bride's portrait.





You can order your own 8"x10" custom watercolor through my Etsy shop. Just send me a photograph of a flower bouquet, and I'll turn the image into a watercolor keepsake for you. You can email me your image at: afrownfe [at] gmail.com with "Etsy Painting" as your subject line, or go through Etsy's messages.

Keep in mind that it can take 2-3 weeks to complete and ship a custom painting like this. November is THE month to make your art commissions to make sure they're done in time for the holidays!

Of course, these do make great gifts all year round! Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment