Sunday, November 22, 2015

Leaf Paintings - Post 3

Here are the last "in process" photos of the leaf paintings I created (which I started demonstrating in the previous two posts).

(The finished products - 2 8"x10" paintings and 2 4"x6" paintings can be found on sale here.)

So after I was finished with the watercoloring, this is what the four paintings looked like. As I mentioned, I liked two of them a lot better than the other two. Can you tell which ones?



(The bottom two. I liked the bottom two.)

I had a plan for the top ones, so that all would not be lost. But first, I stopped to take some photos. From this angle, you can really see how wonky/curly the edges got. I really should have taped or stapled them to my gatorboard instead of just sitting them on top.




Here are some close-ups of my faves:





I took those two that I liked and I added a bit of colored pencil. I used four colors to match the four pigments of watercolor used. Here are the finished products. 2 8"x10" watercolors, surrounded by the materials used to create them: the 4 colored pencils, the 4 watercolors, my watercolor brush, the watercolor paper pad, the blue notebook I used to flatten the leaves, the leaves themselves, and even my pencil sharpener and little ceramic bowl of pencil shavings. (I had to put all those things around the corners to keep the watercolors flat enough to take the pictures!)






And here are the close-ups I know you want to see -









I think they turned out pretty great!

As for the two other paintings, I cut the parts of them that I did like into 4"x6" rectangles and turned them into smaller paintings. Then, I did the same thing I did with the larger ones, only using two colors of colored pencils instead of 4.

The finished 4"x6"s -



And some close-up shots -






If you are interesting in purchasing these paintings, check out my Etsy shop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment