Monday, November 30, 2015

Winter Watercolor Paintings

Here in Michigan we've already had our first major snowstorm of the season - Saturday, Nov. 21, which dumped 10 inches of snow on us here in Rochester Hills! It's not atypical to see a bit of snow in November. I created these watercolor paintings for a class assignment in college, based on source photographs I took in my uncle's front and back yard when we were there (in Grand Blanc, MI) for Thanksgiving one year.

-

"Winter Bench" - 22x30" watercolor painting:
(For sale on esty here!)


Detail shots:






And here's the source photograph:



-

"Winter Berries" - 15x22" watercolor painting:
(For sale on etsy here!)




Detail shots:





Here's the source photograph for this one:



Obviously, I chose to omit the fencing and the house siding for the watercolor painting, and focused instead just on the snow-covered berries.

I also created another large (22"x30") watercolor of his backyard, based on this source photograph:




But that watercolor isn't for sale (I gave it to my uncle as a gift), and I don't have any pictures of that finished watercolor on this computer to upload here for you to see.

-

I've always loved the look of freshly fallen snow - especially in November, when it's still new. (Somehow snow never looks quite as appealing in February or March, after enduring several months of the stuff.)

Check out those paintings on my Etsy page. These would make great gifts for the winter-lover in your life - or to decorate the walls of your own house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment