Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Custom Colored Pencil Drawings

I have a listing for 5"x7" custom colored pencil drawings on my Etsy page. These make great personalized gifts - and now is the perfect time to place your order so that you receive it in time for the holidays!

I only have examples of flower drawings (because those are the ones I already have for sale on Etsy), but you could commission other subjects as well.












As the listing reads on Etsy -

This is a 5"x7" custom drawing on Strathmore paper, using Prismacolor colored pencils. You can choose either black paper or toned tan paper for your background.

If you would like a square drawing (such as one based on an Instagram photo), it will be 5"x5" in size. Please indicate the desired size when you place your order.

These make great GIFTS for the holidays or birthdays, as well as great keepsakes to commemorate wedding bouquets, floral centerpieces from special occasions, a child's favorite toys, a favorite vacation or holiday memory, or a collection of your favorite items.

This listing is NOT for realistic portraits/illustrations of people or pets. Only plants, flowers, and inanimate objects please.

**

OPTION 1: Send me a favorite photograph and I will turn the image into a beautiful colored pencil drawing. 

Some examples of photographs might include:
- a flower bouquet or centerpiece
- a vacation photo (the Eiffel Tower, a day on the beach, etc.)
- a seasonal scene (a garden, a farmer's market display, a holiday window display, a Christmas tree, a favorite jack o'lantern, etc.)
- items that represent a favorite hobby (i.e. arts and crafts supplies, baking supplies, gardening tools, sports equipment, etc.)
- a favorite sports team logo
- a still life (a cup of coffee and the morning paper, a collection of toys, dolls, stamps, figurines, etc.)

If you are sending me a photograph, please make sure that you own the rights to the image and the rights to commission artwork based on the image.

**

OPTION 2: If you do not have a photograph, but have an idea of what you'd like, message me and I will see if I can come up with a composition for you.

For example, if you want a drawing of your favorite kind of flower, but don't have a photograph handy to share with me, I can probably find a free image of the flower online to work from (or have a photograph myself that I could use).

**

Keep in mind that because these are hand drawn, colors and shapes might vary somewhat from the photograph. For drawings on black paper, images with dark backgrounds work best. Tan paper is also available in this 5"x7" size.

Also, please note that the more items that are included in the photograph, the less detail each item will have. If, for example, you want a drawing of the beautiful red color your backyard maple tree turns in autumn, maybe send a close up photograph of just one branch of leaves, instead of a distance shot of an entire tree.

You can email me your image at: afrownfe [at] gmail.com with "Etsy Drawing" as your subject line, or send a message through Etsy. If you send only an idea, and not an actual photograph, I will update you with the composition (how the drawing might look on the page) for your approval before I start the actual drawing.

If you want your drawing to differ from the colors of the photograph, please indicate what color scheme you have in mind. Otherwise, I will try to match the photo's colors as closely as possible.

**

I also have a listing for custom 8"x10" colored pencil drawings and paintings, if you would like something larger!

Please allow 2-3 weeks for completion.



No comments:

Post a Comment