Monday, November 9, 2015

Custom Watercolor Signs

It's that time of year to start thinking about holiday gifts - especially if you want to commission artwork!

I have a listing on my Etsy shop for a custom 8"x10" watercolor painting on white watercolor paper. The photos below show an example of what I mean. This is a painting I made for a teacher's classroom -






You can order your own 8"x10" custom watercolor sign through my Etsy shop.

Keep in mind that it can take 2-3 weeks to complete and ship a custom painting like this. November is THE month to make your art commissions to make sure they're done in time for the holidays!

I think my listing on Etsy does a great job of going through some ideas for what a commission of this sort might include, so I'll just copy-paste that here -

-

This is a listing for a CUSTOM 8"x10" watercolor painting on white watercolor paper.

The example above shows a painting I made for my friend who is a high school chemistry teacher and Detroit Red Wings fan. Similarly, your custom painting could include up to TWO ILLUSTRATIONS (such as the chemistry equipment display and sports team logo in this example), and a short TEXT LABEL (like the recipient's name). 

These make great signs to decorate your office, your classroom, your foyer/hallway, your locker, your dorm room, your children's bedrooms, etc! They make fantastic personal gifts!

No mats or frames are included with this painting, to accommodate a variety of display options. You could laminate it to attach to directly to a wall or a bulletin board, slip it inside of a standard office 8.5x11" "page protector" sleeve and hang it on a doorknob or hook with twine, ribbon, or string, or you could mat and frame it like a traditional painting.

Some ideas for the sign labels - 
"Ms. Mundy's Classroom"
"Megan's Room - Keep Out!"
"Welcome to our home!"
"The Arbits Residence"
"Peggy's Office"
"The Man Cave"
"Elizabeth's Craft Room"

Some ideas for the images -
- A favorite sports team logo
- A favorite hobby (gardening, playing an instrument, playing sports, baking, fishing, arts and crafts, knitting, cooking, bicycling, photography, etc.)
- A favorite school subject/major (chemistry, studio art, literature, geology, etc.)
- A favorite flower
- A favorite toy (stuffed animal, building blocks, toy xylophone, etc.)
- A favorite seasonal image (snowman, Christmas wreath, Halloween jack o'lantern, birthday cake, etc.)
- A sampling from a favorite collection of items (teacups, stamps, coins, figurines, candles, clocks, sneakers, jewelry, shot glasses, silverware, etc.)
- Items from an important event or memory you share (ticket stubs, an engagement ring, etc.)

Send me a message with your ideas and I will get back to you! You can message me through Etsy or email me your image ideas at: afrownfe [at] gmail.com with "Etsy Painting" as your subject line. 

Please allow 2-3 weeks for completion of painting. I will send you updates with the composition (how the images might look on the page) for your approval before I start the actual painting.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment